Date:      Wed, 09 Dec 1998 01:15:44 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X - ATI Xpert@Work warnings

Hi,

	I've been getting this warning since I installed an ATI Xpert@Work
(PCI, 3D Rage Pro chipset) graphics card, both with 2.2.5 & XF86 3.3.1
and now with 2.2.7 & XF86 3.3.2.

Whenever I leave X, either exiting or switching to the console
(Ctrl-Alt-F1) the following appears in the console:

mach64ProgramClkMach64CT: Warning: Q < 10.66666667

The only other error/warning I get is when starting X I get:

(--) Mach64: PCI: Mach64 RagePro rev 92, Aperture @ 0xe0000000,
Registers @ 0xe1000000, Block I/O @ 0x6500
(--) Mach64: PCI (92) and CONFIG_CHIP_ID (124) don't agree on ChipRev,
        using PCI value
(--) Mach64: Card type: PCI

X works fine (using olvwm, kde, & fvwm95).

What do these warnings mean and is there a 'fix'?

--
  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd
Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.radan.com