Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2002 09:43:37 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Stuart Barkley <stuartb@4gh.net>
Cc:        freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.7-RC2 packages

--==_Exmh_2145127495P

If memory serves me right, Stuart Barkley wrote:
> A couple minor issues with the package layout on 4.7-RC2.iso:
>
> - In /cdrom/packages/Latest the filenames are *.tbz instead of *.tgz.
> They are linked to the correct .tgz files in ../All.  I don't know if
> this impacts anything, but it looks a little odd.

My bad, sorry about that.  (Bug in the script that I used to create the
links.)

> - The packages include acroread-3.02.  I would rather see acroread4 or
> acroread5 on the first disk with acroread-3 relegated to one of the
> other disks (or possibly retired completely).

Hmmm.  Let's think about that.  acroread5 is about twice the size of
acroread3 (4MB vs. 9MB)...not sure what our final disk usage will be
like.

> What is the appropriate time and place to discuss package layouts?
> There are a few other things I would like to see on disk1 which are
> often found on other disks.  Most notably, I would like to see icewm
> and xlockmore on disk1.

Well...earlier would have been better, but we'll see.  The problem with
window managers is that *everyone* wants to see their favorite window
manager on disc 1.  :-)

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_2145127495P

--==_Exmh_2145127495P--