Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2006 03:42:39 +0800
From:      "jan gestre" <freebsd.ph@gmail.com>
To:        "Marwan Sultan" <dead_line@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tempreture shutting down.

On 7/20/06, Marwan Sultan <dead_line@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I Finally installed 6.1 on my HP Laptop dv5000 serios.
>
> when i restarted for the first time, and During booting,
> it gives the following error and it shuts down immediatly
>
> Warning: System tempreture too high shutting down soon!
> acpi_tz1: Warning current tempreture (0.0c) exceeds safe limits
>
> I checked my bios setup for any tempreture options, there is nothing
> there,
>
> Any Advice, or help please.
>
> i had a similar problem not with a laptop though but with an old compaq
pentium 200mhz, it keeps on saying that message but if i touch the box its
feels cold, what i did was just turn off the machine for 30 mins to 1 hour
then turn it back on, and whoalla i don't recieve that message anymore, if
this doesn't work for you then i think it has something to do with your cpu
fan not working or a motherboard problem.