Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 1999 15:12:35 -0600
From:      Damien Tougas <dtougas@converging.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'Todd Backman'" <todd@c523578-a.sttls1.wa.home.com>
Subject:   RE: Getting frustrated with bizarre networking problem...

> Is it possible that the NIC has some sort of "WAKE ON LAN"
> feature enabled
> on it? I had similar problems with some of my Intel cards.
> (the server did
> not have much traffic)...

The NIC is actually the 3C905B-TXNM (NM meaning 'Non Manageable')
so as far as I know, I have to buy a different card to get any
Wake on LAN functionality.  I also checked the BIOS, and all
Wake on LAN settings are disabled there as well.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Damien Tougas
Converging Technology Solutions, Inc.
10148 - 73 Street