Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:19:42 -0500
From:      The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.dyndns.org>
To:        Dimitar Peikov <mitko@rila.bg>
Cc:        binup@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

--WhfpMioaduB5tiZL

On Mon Oct 29, 2001 at 01:56:43PM +0200, Dimitar Peikov wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> Sorry, but it'seems to me that someone must take control more hard on thi=
s=20
> project! I mean that someone must be responsible what is to be done there=
, not=20
> all subscribers to blame on maillist what is what to do and so on.

We just need people to start working on this, and for that, people must
agree on general directions. We're seeing that discussion, for one, and
I think the work is also under way. :)

> As I saw this thread I got these conclusions :
>=20
> 1. Project must use libh for installation purposes.

Not necessarly, but yes, libh should probably be FreeBSD native package
format.

> 1.a. To use libh there must be documentation available what libh is exact=
ly

There is. It is not complete, and is scattered. I see this as one of the
main things on the task list of libh. :)

> 1.b. Other libraries, modules, packages or what the project would depends=
 on

I don't understand that line.

> 2. Server side part - currently we have only requirements

Not true. Code has been written and is available from the projects
webpage.

=46rom what I understand, the server side part is the one that's almost
complete.

> 2.a. Specification

done.

> 2.b. Implementation

almost done.

> 3. Client side part - currently we have only requirements

We also have code, it's just not functional yet.

> PS:
> I havent in mind to argue someone particular, but I see that in this proj=
ect=20
> there are only requests what should it be not something really done or=20
> proposal.

I understand Paul and Joe are and have been working on an API proposal,
so I guess it's what should settle things down.

A.

--WhfpMioaduB5tiZL

--WhfpMioaduB5tiZL--