Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 1999 15:59:22 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Jerry Raynor <jerryr@ComCAT.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Installing a package

Jerry Raynor wrote:

> I want to install a package but I couldn't find it on the disk so I copied
> it from another machine its /usr/local/man/man1/pico.1.gz

This is just the man page. The package name will be something like
pico.x.y.tgz (I can't tell you exactly what though). If you can't find
it on the CD take a look at http://www.freebsd.org and search the
ports.

BTW, if it is already installed on your other machine the package
itself will not be on the disk if it was installed from the CD.