Date:      Tue, 5 Apr 2005 17:05:40 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Gert Cuykens <gert.cuykens@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: printing

On 2005-04-05 09:53, Gert Cuykens <gert.cuykens@gmail.com> wrote:
> So my question is, for printing sake let there be a other way.
> What do you use to print stuff, for example on a shared windows printer :)
>
> I guess there are only 3 choses LPD LPRng CUPS ?

The print/apsfilter is my favorite.  I use it at work, to print to the
SMB-shared printers of our local Windows domain.

I like it because it constantly reminds me of why I like using
UNIX-based tools.  You set them up and configure them once, and then
literally forget all about them; they go on working unattended for as
long as you feel like using them :-)