Date:      Sat, 31 Mar 2001 12:44:23 -0600
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?V=EDctor_Manuel_J=E1quez_Leal?= <ceyusa@coral.com.mx>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   4.2-STABLE and dummynet

Hi

Currently I'm using FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE for squid and bandwidth limiting with
ipfw (dummynet).

Now, I've change de server with another better one.

I installed FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE from a burned CD, then I cvsuped using the
cvsup-stable file to 4.2-STABLE.  Right now I'm trying to do the same
procedure, but I grab the 4.3-BETA, which doesn't work with the installed
ipfw.

Where I can grab the 4.2-STABLE? or I most to do a make-world?

In the other hand, I'm controlling the bandwith limiting by host adding a
pipe per client, and his two rules (any->client, client->any).  But after
some time, randomly, the pipe stops to send and receive packets, so I've
to delete the rules and the pipe, and add them again... why is happening this?

The kernel is compiled with this options:
IPFIREWALL
IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
DUMMYNET
BRIDGE

The server has two NICs, one with a non-valid IP and another with a valid one.
Works as a bridge for the wireless-network.

Vale