Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 1997 00:23:45 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.iafrica.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with 2.2.2-RELEASE machine

On Sun, 12 Oct 1997, Julian Elischer wrote:

>Audience upgraded to hackers..

Kewl :-)

>re: a panic at 0xf01b0384B
>it's in nortqr..
>This is excactly the problem  I see in 2.2 based machines.
>we have MANY in the  field and occasioanally get hit by this.

I get hit by this roughly every 20-30 days. Doesn't look good for
the stability, when other boxes stay up for months :-(

>I've been looking for this for more than a month and have not been able
>to reproduce it, It just happens randomly out in the field.

Noticed that too. Nothing specific sets it off. The worst kind
of error - non-reproducable.
---
Khetan Gajjar   -   whois kg1779 | khetan@iafrica.com or khetan@os.org.za
http://chain.iafrica.com/~khetan | PGPKey : finger khetan@chain.iafrica.com
UUNET Internet Africa Support    | FreeBSD enthusiast-www2.za.freebsd.org
Unix is user friendly; it's just selective about who it calls a friend!