Date:      Wed, 06 Aug 2014 20:54:19 +1000
From:      Kubilay Kocak <koobs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Matthias Meyser <meyser@xenet.de>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to submit new Ports

On 6/08/2014 8:31 PM, Matthias Meyser wrote:
> Hi
>
> how do I submit a new port, now send-pr is gone.
>
> CU
>    matthias
>
> P.S. I don`t want to create an bugzilla account.

Matthias,

We appreciate that having to create yet-another-account can be a
frustrating barrier to entry, but it has also been welcome change for
those in the community that want to engage more closely with community
contributors and substantially improve our community feedback processes.

There's also benefits that are already starting to be seen with higher
quality reports and minimisation of time & effort getting the
information required to get user submitted changes committed more quickly.

I hope you'll forgive the slightly higher expectation we have set by
requiring registration and create a Bugzilla account so we can benefit
from your contributions.

Koobs