Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2017 01:40:28 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Tomek CEDRO <tomek.cedro@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Accessing UFS partitions from a Macbook

On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 16:40:59 +0200, Tomek CEDRO wrote:

 > on macOS use "sudo bash" and "diskutil" :-)

Thanks Tomek for the compsct advice, and the cc.

Unfortunately I forgot to ask for a cc as I take the -digest, but I've
read Jon's reply in the archive; I won't wait till it arrives tomorrow.

If I ever get a Mac I'll likely mess with solutions such as Jon pointed
to, more likely the Virtualbox/FreeBSD VM route.  The FUSE option looks
like way too much to inflict on my daughter's Mac, not that she'd let me
borrow it for long enough :)

As much as it irks me, reorganising the USB HD to have a much larger
msdosfs partition seems the path of least resistance, which I could also
share with 'doze users.  I'll likely pack most of it in big zipfile/s to
preserve (in this case often relevant) timestamps for recipients.

Thankyou both,

cheers, Ian