Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 2004 11:08:08 -0500
From:      Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: training (was Resourceful BSD/Linux Network Administrator)

On Monday 05 July 2004 05:21 am, bja@Illinois.DynDNS.Org wrote:
> > As for learning via reading: that is fine for many -- including myself.
> > But many students need the extra push by actually attending a structured,
> > hands-on class. Also classes, even running at a slow pace, can cover a
> > lot more than a student trying to self-teach themselves.
>
> I disagree here. I'm a self-taught student and I doubt any classes would
> have taught me as much as installing the system and using it day to day
> for a couple months. I eventually set up a FreeBSD and my family and I
> rely on it for just about all computer functions.
>
> Hands-on is great, but classes are not needed.
>
> Brandon Adams

I agree 100% here. Nothing, I mean nothing can prepare you for real-life then
setting up your own servers, then breaking them every way you can think of
just to fix the issues.

You can't learn that in a classroom.

--
Best regards,
Chris

ClamAV virus dat updated: Mon Jul 5 2004 at 03:02:56
daily.cvd updated (version: 387, sigs: 1362, f-level: 2, builder: diego)