Date:      Wed, 24 May 2006 12:40:46 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        "Marwan Sultan" <dead_line@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox with flash and java!

On Tue, 23 May 2006 23:40:37 +0000
"Marwan Sultan" <dead_line@hotmail.com> wrote:

> hello everyone!
>
>   I'm really sorry to ask over here, but sick and tired browsing and asking
> around.
>
>   I'm on latest FreeBSD 6.1R latest KDE and latest firefox 1.5.3
>   I cannot find the flash plugins for Konqueror because no more port for it,
> (linux-flashplgin6)
>
>   So i have installed Firefox, now i'm lost, which in port is the flash
> plugin?
>
>   I have linux-flashplugin7 installed, linuxpluginwrapper,

looks ok

$ pkg_info | grep -i flash && pkg_info | grep -i firefox
linux-flashplugin-7.0r63 The official Macromedia Flash Player for Linux Mozilla

 firefox-1.5.0.3,1   Web browser based on the browser portion of Mozilla
firefox-remote-20040803 Wrapper scripts for firefox web browser

>   But flash still not workin in firefox, i dont know what to do now?
>   Will someone kindly guied me for this? how to install flash, for firefox?
> and enable it.

from someone else's kind instructions, which worked great for me:

- modify your libmap.conf , following what is shown in
what  /usr/local/share/examples/linuxpluginwrapper/libmap.conf-FreeBSD6

- Finally edit /usr/X11R6/lib/firefox/run-mozilla.sh and add
 /usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin6 to MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH
 (near the end of the script) (colon-separated path components)

- path your kernel:
Please get and apply a dlsym(3) hook patch (apply in /usr/src ; then cd
libexec/rtld-elf and do make rtld)
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~nork/rtld_dlsym_hack.diff This provides _dlsym(3)
function to fix dynamic-link error "can't find gtk_major_version" ad-hoc-ly.

$cd /usr/src
$fetch http://people.FreeBSD.org/~nork/rtld_dlsym_hack.diff
$patch < rtld_dlsym_hack.diff
$ cd libexec/rtld-elf
$sudo make rtld
$ sudo make install

>   Also How to install java? on firefox? it would be my next step.
>
>   Is there by any chance away to run flash for Konqueror? or better to
> delete this package if im
>   having firefox?

i dont know, dont use kde.

good luck,