Date:      Sat, 25 Dec 1999 02:40:25 PST
From:      "Xavier O'Neill" <xoneill@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Signal 11 during setup

Hello,

     I presently have FreeBSD 2.2.8 on my system.  I downloaded FreeBSD 3.4
Release and made two floppy images on newly formated floppies (did it
twice).  During setup on the mfsroot.flp

I get a signal 11 error (Signal 11 error, I am saving what I can. ).

From there the computer restarts.

I did all kinds of trouble shooting and diagnostics as described by the
sig11 FAQ link i seen on the FreeBSD site.

I went to a holographic terminal to see the debugging, this error always
happens as the /etc/fstab is being written.

I never had a problem with this computer.  It is fairly new.  A p2 300 mhz,
with 128 MB ram

Someone told me on the FreeBSD channel (effnet) that someone on the design
team broke it, don't know if he is a reliable source but he claimed to be a
part of the freebsd developer team.

Thank you very much :)

warm reguard
-xavier