Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 1998 15:02:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        "Maruca, Fran" <fmaruca@xyplex.com>
Cc:        "'bsd'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Modem Result codes in ppp.log

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Maruca, Fran wrote:

> I'm trying to get the complete modem result codes entered in the ppp.log
> file without much success.  The script correctly sees the CONNECT but I
> don't get any of the rest of the information from the modem.  I've tried
> the REPORT command(found in chat man page), but that seems to prevent
> the dialing from taking place at all.  Has anybody tried this?

Try this, on one line, as your `set dial' line in
/etc/ppp/ppp.conf

 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" ATZ
OK-AT-OK \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT \\c \\n"

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null