Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 13:37:08 -0800
From:      "Alex M" <alex@myzona.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Errors in 'make world'

I need help on updating my FreeBSD..
I have 4.1.1-RELEASE, so i ran CVSup to update to 4.2-STABLE, my cvsupfile
is correct, its gets all the updates i need.... but the troube is in my next
steps when im trying to 'make world'  in /usr/src. Sorry I cant copy-paste
the exact error here, but what it says it: No such file or directory in
/openssl dir... then error code 1, stopped in /usr/src/lib/crypto..
something like that. What I tried is:
doing cvsup several times
compiling openssl myself, thou not sure if this is the trouble
doing make world in single-user mode
doing make world with -DNOCRYPTO option (thou another cc error comes up).

having this headache for the fourth day... tried to get help from various
#freebsd IRC channels, no use, ppl suggest me 'try from scratch' and etc...

I have a 4.2 iso-image on CD and could easily install it, but i would like
to defeat this damn cvsup/make world thing...
Anyone experienced the same troubles or/and can help me on this one? Thanx.

Regards,
Alex M.