Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2002 01:22:40 -0700
From:      "Lucky Green" <shamrock@cypherpunks.to>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SSHD for protocol version 2 changed?

Buki wrote about a work around to keep puTTY from crashing with newer
versions of OpenSSH:
-------
[...]Got the same error as you, even with latest development release of
Putty. Then I checked 'Enable compression' button and unchecked 'Attempt
"keyboard- interactive" authentication and voila .. it works .. I had no
time to
investigate which option really caused putty to work, but you may feel
free to do that :)
-------

Unchecking just 'Attempt "keyboard- interactive"' fixed it for me.

Thanks!

--Lucky