Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:31:52 -0400
From:      Bob Collins <bobc@anything-inc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Inexpensive wireless suggestions?

On Tue, Apr  6, 2004, Jonathon McKitrick clacked the keyboard to produce:

> I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive wireless setup for home that will
> work with FreeBSD and an older laptop.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> NOTE: Please CC me, as I am not currently subscribed.  Thanks.

Post it here, read it here.

> jm
> --
> My other computer is your windows box.

Man wi  will help with wireless cards. Any card should would with any
WAP using the same protocol, if not a multi protocol WAP.

I went with a cheapo Belikn WAP $20.00 USD and a Spectrum second0hand
card $25.00 USD. Works fine for me.

--
Bob

"Play is the work of children. It's very serious stuff. And if it's
properly structured in a developmental program, children can blossom."
-Bob Keeshan aka `Captain Kangaroo'