Date:      Sat, 4 Mar 2000 04:50:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mod_php4 and other questions.

On Sat, 4 Mar 2000, Scot W. Hetzel wrote:
> Adam Laurie is the author of /usr/ports/www/apache13-ssl port.  If you
> want to kill his port then you better talk it over with him.

I'm really not interested in his port.

The goal here is to provide a trouble free, flexible method of installing
apache, and any 3rd party modules the user desires.  Current methods don't
cut it.

> It currently looks like there are going to be at least 2 apache ports for
> 3-stable and 4-current.
>
> 3-stable = Apache13, Apache13-SSL
> 4-current = Apache13+ipv6, Apache13-SSL

I'm not sure what Apache13-SSL provides besides confusion.  In addition we
don't really need to make any more of a deal about IPv6 than IPv4
support.  Providing commented out sections to the default apache.conf
should about cover it (in addition to a brief mention in the port
COMMENTS).

Anyhow, I've looked over modules.apache.com and it appears that we have no
end of potential ports once we get a sane APXS based Apache.

Any thoughts on enabling suEXEC by default?

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |