Date:      Tue, 26 Apr 2011 19:11:53 +0200
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        kwm@freebsd.org, Alexander Leidinger <netchild@freebsd.org>, Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>, Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, olli@freebsd.org, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linuxolator v4l2/dvb - trying to collect data about latest skype

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 09:44:42AM +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> Hi,
Hi!

> Does anyone have a complete list of commands that needs to be executed to
> install skype on FreeBSD 8-stable (amd64) ?
>
> I'm getting some errors like this:
>
> package alsa-plugins-oss-1.0.21-3.fc10 is for a different operating system

I you just want to test video (linux alsa oss doesnt work for
recording yet), you can install that rpm using rpm2cpio like described
under `Installing a Random Linux RPM Based Application' here:

	http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/linuxemu-lbc-install.html

 If you do want to test a mic look at this linux pulseaudio libs PR:

	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/156112

 I have yet to test the new rpm netchild built (thanx!), once that
works I think I (or someone else :) can commit an updated version
of that PR; until then you'll need a symlink; and you also need
need to disable mmap for the mic, see here:

	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2011-April/011982.html

 And for the current skype apparently you also need to install
dns/linux-f10-libasyncns .

 I hope that's all...  (Sorry I don't remember all the details of
what exactly I did... :( )
	Juergen