Date:      Sun, 02 Nov 1997 21:51:53 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   PAO trials, update

OK.  I figured out what happened when I tried to boot the PAO disk.
ep0 failed to come ready.  I managed to get PAO over to the laptop and
rebuild things following the README in 2.2.2-RELEASE from the PAO
distribution.  I now have a system that mostly work.  However, when I
insert my 3C589D card, I get the following messages in syslog:

... pccardd[33]: Card "3Com Corporation"("3C589D") matched "3Com Coproration" ("3C589")
ep0: failed to come ready.
Return IRQ=11
... /kernel: stray irq 11
... pccardd[33]: driver allocation failed for 3Com Corporation (Device not confiugred)
... pccardd[33]: pccardd started

which looks like pccardd did, in fact, see the card.  I have the
pccard.conf.sample from the PAO as my config file (and I took irq 10
out of the list, because I think my sound card is at irq 10).

So has naybody seen this problem before?  What information is needed
for me to help you help me debug this problem?

My plan is to get an ethernet card working long enough to do a make
installworld from a -current tree NFS mounted from my beefy build
box.  Then track -current from time to time on the laptop.

Again, I have a Libretto 50CT and a 3C589D ethernet card.  This is
with 2.2.2-RELEASE from the walnut creek cdrom (minimal install) using
the latest PAO boot disk for that, following the steps as outlined in
the PAO README.

Thank you for any help that you might be able to render.

Warner