Date:      Thu, 15 Sep 2016 18:35:06 +0200
From:      gabor@zahemszky.hu
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RPi2 with RedBear IoT pHat cannot boot

Hi!

The saga continues. Under Raspbian, I upgraded the pHAT's firmware from
the factory default v0.2 to v0.3.

After the FW-upgrade, under Raspbian, it works fine. But under FreeBSD,
it got worse, as now it failed to boot at all. The actual message is:

Net: Net Initialization Skipped
No ethernet found.
libfdt fdt_check_header(): FDT_ERR_BADMAGIC
Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0
U-Boot>

So there is another problem.

> I don't know why your getting a dtb error but the modem on the phat is
> similar or the same as the Bananapi Pro and is not currently
> supported.

Well, thats wrong. In the Banana Pro, we can find (from :
http://www.lemaker.org/product-bananapro-specification.html )

AP6181 Wifi module.

On the RedBear IoT pHAT (from : https://github.com/redbear/IoT_pHAT )
there is

AP6212A Wireless with BCM43438 (Wifi + Bluetooth) module.

(the same Broadcom BCM43438 is in the Pi3.)

Thanks,

Gábor