Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2003 23:05:11 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CVSup: nag nag nag

At 4:31 PM -0800 1/23/03, John Polstra wrote:
>Are any of you testing the new version of CVSup
>(cvsup-sparc64-2003-01-19.gz) I put up on January 19?  Does it work
>reliably now without @M3nopreemption on the command line?
>
>That URL once again: http://people.freebsd.org/~jdp/cvsup-sparc64/

I've been using it since the day it came out, seems to be working
fine.  And for reasons unrelated to cvsup, I've been doing things
like:
     rm -Rf /usr/ports/net
     cvsup ~/cvsup/all_ports
and comparing the entire ports directory on my Sparc ultra-10 machine
to the same tree on my dual-Athlon machine.  [aside: The dual-athlon
is faster...].  I've just been comparing for the existence of files
and directories though, I haven't been doing an actual diff-type
comparison of the contents of any files.  I could do that too.

As long as I'm replying to a question on cvsup, here's a question
that I can't seem to find in the man pages.  Is there a way I could
say "do all the work of a normal CVSup run, and tell me what *would*
change, but don't change anything"?

Thanks a lot for working on this.  I'd love to see cvsup more widely
used, and on more hardware platforms so it would be more attractive
to the openbsd and netbsd folks.  and openafs.  and samba.  and...