Date:      Tue, 04 Jul 2000 17:19:23 +0100
From:      Steve Coles <scoles@tripos.com>
To:        chip@wiegand.org
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HCL?

I have had little joy getting VESA modes to work with this chipset, but
the version of X released with FreeBSD 4.0 does work.

As the X release notes say - I think it's somewhere in the SVGA server
notes - don't use the graphical config XF86Setup, your machine will hang
( ie do not use the VGA server)

The correct server is SVGA and can be configured with the text-mode
setup.

Steve