Date:      Thu, 11 May 2006 07:33:41 -0400
From:      Bjorn Nelson <o_sleep@belovedarctos.com>
To:        Clement Laforet <sheepkiller@cultdeadsheep.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, pav@FreeBSD.org, Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP for maintainers of web applications

Doug,

Is this laid out somewhere in a doc?  I have a bunch of questions
regarding this that would probably be addressed if I saw the new
guideline.  Some of my questions are:

Does this mean web apps will need to be put under the apache
versioned doc?
Is apache conf still located under /usr/local/etc/apacheversion?
Are symlinks really that bad?  We could have the apache versions be
symlinks to the document root and possibly have the option of
multiple versions of apache installed.

Also, my understanding of the current system was
documentroot: /usr/local/www/data
webapps go here: /usr/local/www (separated from document root so
sensitive app files aren't automatically/accidently exposed)
files that may be shared by multiple apps or multiple instances of an
app go here: /usr/local/share

-Bjorn Nelson