Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:40:34 -0400
From:      "Mark Beaver" <beaverm@corp.earthlink.net>
To:        "'Vulpes Velox'" <vvelox@vvelox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD PVR -- any suggestions would be helpful

Ok, modified my config a bit... (found some spare parts laying around)

850 Duron
512 Megs of memory.
(pulling hd's and such)

I believe it's a UDMA/100 board (not sure) and I know the drives are.

I plan on going with the 250 depending upon how well I can get the output
working, I'm going to build just a player first, and get that working then
toss whatever card I need for the incoming (based on performance) for
outgoing.

Any suggestions for sound cards?

What I'd want is:

At least a digital output (optical or coax) with support for digital sound
(dts or dd).

I'm not sure of sound on FreeBSD, as most of my builds for it are
workstations without sound/good video or servers.

Thanks,

Mark