Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 2000 20:27:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jonathan Smith <jonsmith@dragonstar.dhs.org>
To:        clefevre@citeweb.net
Cc:        Steve Roome <steve@sse0691.bri.hp.com>, David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: /etc/rc.shutdown calls local scripts now

Personally, I've always LOVED simply setting options for the system in
rc.conf and make.conf....  They are all listed, and I just change the ones
I want.  I hate haveing to look through LOTS of files for this that or the
other config option.

At the same time, I agree, it's a pain to go 'grep'n around rc.* to figure
out how to bring something up.  Having some startup script _I_ can run is
a nice thing TM.

I see _a_ soloution to the whole thing, but I let my two cents float or
sink....

j.

--
Close your eyes.  Now forget what you see.  What do you feel? --
My heart. --  Come here. --  Your heart. --  See?  We're exactly the same.

	Jon Smith -- Senior Math Major @ Purdue