Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 1997 20:44:11 -0200 (EDT)
From:      miti@jupiter.demet.ufrgs.br
To:        questions@freebsd.org

Dear Sirs

I have compiled some packages, like spice and libsx,
for example, with dynamic linking, and at the time of compiling,
everything went well(I mean, no error or warning messages).
When I tried to execute this programs, then the following message
has appeared(in case, this message was for a "demo" build with libsx):

ld.so failed: Undefined symbol "__CurrentRuneLocale" in demo:
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so.6.1

Well, I have checked the ld.so.hints file and the libXaw.so.6.1
is listed there, in the right path. Before, I have compiled
the same code with static linking and the demo worked.
I would like to set the dynamic linking in the applications,
so, if you could give me some hint of what is going on...
Thank you very much
Best Regards
		       Miti