Date:      Tue, 10 Aug 2004 19:28:51 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Outbound SMTP filtering

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Nick Rogness wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Warren Block wrote:

>> greylist-milter and clamav-milter are doing well for me.  They both scan
>> outbound mail, although I'm not sure if it's possible to set clamav-milter
>> to scan only outbound mail.
>
> 	I guess I'm looking for more of a commercial solution.  That is, I
> 	don't want to have to perform a lot of administration of adding
> 	filters and virus signatures constantly.

milter-greylist (I always get that backwards) handles itself--it's a
very effective anti-spam measure with about zero maintenance.  See

http://projects.puremagic.com/greylisting

clamav-milter includes freshclam, a daemon which automatically updates
virus signatures.  The most maintenance I've done is to portupgrade them
when new versions come out.