Date:      Wed, 3 Jul 2002 13:06:57 +0930
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Guillermo Sobalvarro <gsobalvarro@e-genieria.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: jdk13 install errors

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 05:58:06PM -0500, Guillermo Sobalvarro wrote:
> Installing the jd13 port I followed instructions there and downloaded all
> the software it requests into /usr/ports/distfiles.
> Nevertheless, install fails and the following apperas before it bombs:
>
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 25.
> done
> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for jdk-1.3.1p6
> ===>  Configuring for jdk-1.3.1p6
> ===>  Building for jdk-1.3.1p6
> i386 Build started:   1.3.1-p6-root-020702-17:42
> ERROR: Your BOOTDIR environment variable does not point
>        to a valid Java 2 SDK for bootstrapping this build.
>        A Java 2 SDK 1.3.1 build must be bootstrapped against any
>        1.3 build. Please update your ALT_BOOTDIR setting, or
>        just unset it, and start your build again.
>
> Exiting because of the above error(s).
> gmake: *** [sanity] Error 1
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk13.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk13.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk13.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk13.

I can't comment on other ports but in the case of the JDK your problem is
one of:

(a) The linux-sun-jdk13 port (a dependency) didn't install correctly.
(b) The linux emulation module isn't loaded.
(c) All of the above.

--
Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Web   : http://www.eyesbeyond.com