Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:22:23 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        vasanth raonaik <vasanth.raonaik@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: netstat: kvm_read: Bad address

On Monday 25 August 2008 08:09:52 am vasanth raonaik wrote:
> Hello Hackers,
>
> I am facing with this Issue. Though netstat -a does show some output but the
> error is consistently seen. Does any one has some pointers to the cause and
> fix for the same.

Some parts of netstat still use direct kvm access to read kernel variables
instead of sysctls for live kernels.  If it tries to walk a linked list while
the list is being changed, then it can end up following a free'd pointer and
get this error.  Is the system doing something like adding and deleting lots
of psuedo-interfaces, addresses, etc.?

--
John Baldwin