Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:47:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt of the Long Red Hair <mattp@conundrum.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   recovering a ccd

I recently lost the boot drive off a machine which had, in addition to its
other drives, two drives striped together by ccd.  Due to a complete lack of
critical data, and a corresponding lack of cash, there are no backups of this
machine.

I'm unable to remember the interleave I used on this stripe, and I'm wondering
if there's a way to recover that information from the drives themselves.  If
not, I'm happy to rebuild the stripe from scratch.. I'd just like to check
first.

Thanks,
   Matt