Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 2003 12:04:55 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Randy Smith <randys@amigo.net>
To:        Rolf Mendelsohn <rolf@digitaldivide.org.za>
Cc:        "freebsd-isp@freebsd.org" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ISP radius & mail user/aliase management - Web based?

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Rolf Mendelsohn wrote:

> Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 18:11:37 +0200
> From: Rolf Mendelsohn <rolf@digitaldivide.org.za>
> To: "freebsd-isp@freebsd.org" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
> Subject: ISP radius & mail user/aliase management - Web based?
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Do either of you have any suggestions on any open source
> userdatabase management programs. Which I could use to add
> users to a radius database (radiusd - cleartext passwds :>( ). Also
> add them to a pop user file per domain & add aliases - also per
> domain.
>
> I'd be willing to migrate from radiusd if there is a more scalable all-
> in-one soloution or one which requirte minimal midifications.
>
> I know there is a program called Webmin for servers, which provides
> a gui to add users, modify many daemon options etc. Runs on Linux
> & FreeBSD. Something similar to that.
>
> Currently I'm using exim for smtp, vm-pop3d for pop
> aliases/usernames.

I have a couple of scripts to handle users for gnu-radius and courier both
talking to a mysql DB. I know it's not quite what you want but I thought I
would offer anyway.

Radius: http://perlstalker.amigo.net/gnu-radius/ruser
Courier: http://perlstalker.amigo.net/courier/vuser

[snip: data formats, etc]