Date:      Fri, 01 Aug 1997 00:21:36 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   irc.freebsd.org discontinued for now.

Until a proper port of ircd is available, we're going to discontinue
running irc on FreeBSD Project machines (and as irc.freebsd.org).

Getting a reasonable ircd just seems too hit-and-miss an affair right
now, and until we have a common version of ircd which everyone has
standardized on through the ports collection (and can, in common, find
bugs in and fix), there's just not much point to the exercise.
When this changes, we can try again.

					Jordan