Date:      Sat, 6 Jan 1996 10:37:41 -0500
From:      suk@pobox.com (Peter Kwangjun Suk)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation problem

The Installation program doesn't recognize my cdrom! (even after I boot
from cdrom)

(Please excuse me if my information is irrelevant.  I am a longtime Unix
user, but know nothing about PC hardware.)

I have a AM486dx100 with IDE bus.

At Windows95 boot time, the messages displayed about the cdrom are:

CD-ROM Device Driver Version 4.11
Copyright (C) Creative Technology Ltd, and
Copyright (C) Matsuchita-Kotobuki Electronics Industries, Ltd.
1990, 1991, 1992, 1993.  All rights reserved.
Drive Name = MSCD000
Supporting the following units:
        unit 0 id 1 MATSUSHITA CD-ROM CR-563-x 1.02
1 CD-ROM drives(s) connected
CD-ROM device driver installed.

The CD-ROM is connected to a soundblaster card.
The CD-ROM gets installed as drive E:

I can go into MSDOS from Windows95, and run view.exe on drive E:, which
lets me choose the install.bat.  However when it comes time to choose the
installation media, a message pops up saying that no cdroms are installed.
The same with booting off the floppy.

Can I do something with booting using -c option so that my cdrom gets
recognized?

Thanks.

--PKS

       There's neither heaven nor hell -- Save that we grant ourselves.
    There's neither fairness nor justice -- Save what we grant each other.
    Peter Kwangjun Suk -- suk@pobox.com -- Musician, CSCI Graduate Student
          [keyservers or finger suk@pobox.com for PGP public key]