Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 16:59:48 -0000
From:      "Barry Scott" <barry@scottb.demon.co.uk>
To:        <Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE>
Cc:        <freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: -current, dial-on-demand, hang up the phone?

> connection.  I think an idle time of 5 or 10 minutes would be good.
>
> On the other hand, when doing batch transfers, it makes sense to hang
> up the phone immediately after the transfer is finished -- no sense in
> giving money to Deutsche Telekom.

	Why would you wish to force and idle time of 10 minutes? Using your
	own argument you are just giving money to Deutsche Telekom...

	I find, in the U.K., that the delay from clicking on a link in IE when
	the isdn circuit is down to getting the page is around 2 seconds. That
	is so fast I hardly notice if the circuit was up or down before I follow
	a link.

	Of course if your call set up times and ISP authentication is a lot slower
	I see why you with the longer idle timeout.

		Barry