Date:      Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:29:11 -0700
From:      Nick Pavlica <linicks@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Hardware Recomendations - NIC/HD

All,
  I'm looking at adding some hardware to my FreeBSD 5.3+ Backup
servers and would like your recommendations for the following items:

- Gigabit Ethernet cards:  I'm going to use them as dedicated cards in
the primary and backup servers so that I can quickly rsync between
them.  I would like to find a card  that is currently MP safe and a
good performer.

-  SATA HD:  I'm currently planning on adding two 200GB drives to both
servers.  Are there any that stand out as good performers?

Thanks!
--Nick