Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:21:23 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA 32-but Cardbus Network Card

> Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:41:47 -0500
> From: "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> I have an Aprotech AE330T 32-bit cardbus card, that doesn't want to
> work on -stable or 5.0DP1
>
> The error I get is kernel: pcic1: Card type 32-bit cardbus is
> unsupported.  Luckily I have a linksys laying around somewhere, but
> has anyone tried to get this card to work under FreeBSD?
>
> It appears the chips on the card are realtek8139, but that's just
> from looking at the windows driver.  Does anyone have any ideas?

As the message says, 32-bit (CardBus) cards are not supported in
-stable. No way around that. But they are supported in 5.0DP1 if you
build a NEWCARD kernel. OLDCARD does not support CardBus.

I have not been running any 5.0 for some time, so I can't speak to the
state of NEWCARD in 5.0DP1.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)