Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:21:22 +1000 (EST)
From:      jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How many sites have all of the i386 DP1 bits?

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Murray Stokely wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 01:03:31PM +1000, jason andrade wrote:
> > i am a bit disappointed that the 5.0 dp1 iso release is inconsistent with
> > releases before it.  why not create a 5.0 directory and put the images in
> > there since it is a multi cd release, rather than dropping them into the
> > main iso-images directory ?
>
> Hey Jason,
>
>   It's inconsistent because it is not a normal release.  There are
> just two images rather than 5.  I think adding two extra text files
> and a directory would be unnecessary for just TWO files.  Sheesh, that
> makes 3 releases in a row that you've followed up with minor nit-picks
> about release layout or announcements.  We're not always going to
> think exactly alike, so please lets focus on more important issues. ;)

i am disappointed that it's seen as a  "nit pick" rather than constructive
criticism of the (evolving) release process.  it isn't personal to you, but
you're the main (only?) person i see providing information/coordinating the
release process so you're the defacto mirror manager for criticisms.

do you prefer silence ?

the lack of any other feedback from anyone would lead me to believe freebsd
must have a perfect release mechanism.  hmm. perhaps my cynicism is showing.

regards,

-jason