Date:      Sat, 19 May 2007 13:51:02 -0700
From:      Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Ports tree : Xorg-7.2 release freeze, ETA?

Hello,

	The gist of the email is asking the age old question, "are we there yet?"

	As many have commented there are a number of issues with a variety of
ports which need to be addressed. Some I've noticed are net/samba3 and
sysutils/eject, which contain security issues affecting production
workstations and servers.

	Question for the future:

	Wouldn't it be sufficient to force major component testers (in this
case Xorg 7.2) to use periodic snapshots of the ports tree (possibly CVS
branching), while allowing continued development in the ports tree? Part
of my concern is based in the fact that this might be causing issues
with customer integrity, thus degrading confidence in FreeBSD as a
production product.

Thanks,
-Garrett