Date:      Mon, 2 Sep 2002 21:50:33 +0200
From:      marius@alchemy.franken.de
To:        Jake Burkholder <jake@locore.ca>
Cc:        Sten <sten@blinkenlights.nl>, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Instability

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 02:54:24PM -0400, Jake Burkholder wrote:
> Apparently, On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 11:33:51AM +0200,
> 	Sten said words to the effect of;
>

> > I have been having quite severe stability problems
> > with kernels source starting about a week ago,
> > I have replaced the hardware ( Ultra 60 ) with
> > another which didn't help.
> >
> > The easiest way of reproducing it for me is rsyncing
> > /usr/src from a remote machine. I'll try to get a
> > trace.
> >
> > Just wondering if other ppl have been experiencing this.
>
> Hmm, I haven't noticed anything on my ultra 60, can you elaborate?

may be the same or another problem, since the recent "Removed support for
in-kernel signal code"-changes i get the following panic (copied by hand;
no serial console at the moment) on an u60:
recursed on non-recursive lock (sleep mutex) process lock@/usr/src/sys/sparc64/sparc64/machdep.c:380
first aquired @/usr/src/sys/kern/subr_trap.c:232
panic:recurse
Debugger("panic")
Stopped at Debugger+0x1c: ta %xcc,1

may not be limited to u60 hardware, haven't upgraded other ultrasparc
hardware to that source-level, yet. most easiest way for me to trigger
the panic is to run something under screen, e.g. a `cd / && find .` will
do. let me know if i can/shall provide further information.

btw, there's a typo in the comment above line 380 in sparc64 machdep.c,
"trampoline" is missing the 'p'.