Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:10:27 +0100
From:      David Chisnall <theraven@FreeBSD.org>
To:        squid@peralex.com
Cc:        freebsd-toolchain@FreeBSD.org, Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: clang sanitizers (memory, address, etc)

On 23 Oct 2013, at 07:17, squid@peralex.com wrote:

> Thanks.  I look forward to that.  I'll have a look myself, but I =
suspect
> the work involved is beyond my skill set.

I had a chat with some of the *san people (mostly from Google Moscow) =
quite recently.  They've refactored most of the code so it should be =
fairly obvious where the platform-specific bigs are.  In most cases, =
it's just some interposition on malloc() and friends, which should be =
relatively easy to port.

I'd love for us to have this stuff in the base system, and even versions =
of the base libraries (and programs) compiled to use them.

David