Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 18:50:37 -0800
From:      Rob <europax@home.com>
To:        daniel.cuthbert@uk.psi.com
Cc:        Nader Turki <nturki@adelphia.net>, FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: attack/portscan

I would also recommend buying the book "Building Linux and OpenBSD
Firewalls" by Wes Sonnenreich and Tom Yates, Wiley 2000.  Most of the
info on OpenBSD is applicable to FreeBSD.  It is excellent.  FreeBSD has
kernel support (see LINT) for IPFilter, which the book explains in
depth.  There is also a wealth of info in it on the various types of
security exploits.  Rob.