Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2000 10:24:54 +0000
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@aciri.org>
Cc:        Martin Poulin <martin.poulin@teklogix.com>, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New to PicoBSD, need help with net, 4.2-Release, DHCP

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 09:27:48AM -0800, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> > "error:  subtraction of two symbols in different sections ".data" {.data
> > section} - "KERNBASE" {*UND* section} at file address ...." and then it
> > stops with error code 1.
>
> i think i have hit the same problem, but i cannot recall how i fixed it :)
>
> i think it  was related with out of sync include directories,
> but i am not 100% sure

Have you done a buildworld first?  It seems to make a difference.
I believe that the kernel build relies on some objects outside of
the sys tree.  I had this problem when I tried to build the picobsd
kernel in /usr/obj/picobsd.

Joe

--
Josef Karthauser	[joe@FreeBSD.org, joe@tao.org.uk]
......... FreeBSD: The power to change the world ........