Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:51:28 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A question from a convert from Windows to FreeBSD

> To: Brian Astill <bastill@sa.apana.org.au>
> Cc: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG,
> 	Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: A question from a convert from Windows to FreeBSD
> From: swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
> Date: 28 Jan 2002 22:14:00 -0800
>
> Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz> writes:
>
> > > From: Brian Astill <bastill@sa.apana.org.au>
> > > To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> > > Subject: Re: A question from a convert from Windows to FreeBSD
> > > Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 13:09:13 +1030

> > > Want? - Yes.  Be capable of? - No.
> >
> >     Sure you are capable of submitting patches to man pages. Here's a
> >     short howto:
> >
> >     1. step: find the source file:
>
> I suggest:
>
> $ man -wa passwd
> /usr/share/man/cat1/passwd.1.gz (source: /usr/share/man/man1/passwd.1.gz)
> /usr/share/man/man5/passwd.5.gz

    That seems to require one to run a very CURRENT. :) I mean, it's no
    good to submit a patch to a few months old revision. I have a patch
    to ls(1) lying here that (if and when I submit it) will be a patch
    to current CURRENT, and STABLE. Just finding the file(s) in the
    source structure on one's disk allows for a quick checkout with cvs,
    you don't have to have the latest revisions actually installed.

    Of course, I don't suggest submitting untested changes, but a minor
    change in man page is nothing critical.

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
12:46PM up 8 days, 19:09, 13 users, load averages: 0.02, 0.05, 0.01