Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 1997 19:23:43 +0800 (WST)
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@deathstar.ml.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question with packet accounting.

Hi.

I have a gateway machine with 3 ether cards, one ether for the internet
server network, one for the office network and one for the routers.

I've compiled ip firewalling, and enabled ip forwarding/gatewaying via
sysctl.

I have setup a default "pass all" rule, then have the following :

ipfw add xx pass tcp from any portnum to any

And then I do an ipfw -a list to grab the packet accounting info.

Now, the info returned is only for packets passing THROUGH the box, (ie
between interfaces), not internal-network (ie between two machines on the
same network)?

Also, does it only log the packet passing THOUGH the box, and not going in
one interface and out the other?

Please CC the reply to me as I'm currently stuck at work and my normal
list email feed goes to my box which isn't online atm.

Thankyou,

Adrian Chadd
<adrian@psinet.net.au>