Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:56:33 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Forrest W. Christian" <forrestc@imach.com>
To:        Chuck Rock <carock@epconline.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Intel ISP1100 or similar 1U experience with 4.3 stable

I'll toss my comments in here.

I use a Intel CA810E motherboard with various processors in a 1U case and
I've never seen a heat problem.

The key IS the CPU fan.  I use the low profile thermaltake orbs.   They
push a LOT of air across the fan and I haven't seen the temp on the cpu's
get over what I'd see typically in a larger case with a "correctly" sized
heatsink and lots of fans.

-forrest

- Forrest W. Christian (forrestc@imach.com) AC7DE