Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 18:15:18 PDT
From:      chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        "FreeBSD Chat" <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cybermax no longer developing for FreeBSD

I bought and am using the Cybermax Netmax Firewall a few months ago,
and have been quite happy with it. I don't know how many others are
using their packages, but I called them recently about buying their
web server package. They have made considerable upgrades to the Linux
version, but no upgrades to the FreeBSD versions of any of their
packages. I find this very disapointing. I told their people so also.
I will probably still buy the package because I believe I am
contributing to the cause of FreeBSD becoming bigger. I am not a
programmer, so I can't help that way, so I buy the versions I have,
the book, etc, figuring somehow that will help FreeBSD in the long
run.
I guess the point here is I am just a bit disappointed to see a
commercial version of FreeBSD software go by the wayside. And if
anyone out there uses their software, send them a message expressing
your feelings about this.
:-(
--
Chip