Date:      Sat, 26 Jan 2002 22:25:21 -0500
From:      "James A Halstead ;001;icsg3;" <jah4007@cs.rit.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   panic: nfs_fsync: not dirty

I left portupgrade running upgrading a bunch of ports (/usr/ports is nfs
mounted) and came back just in time to see my box reboot, last message in
the log was:

Jan 26 21:24:58 x /kernel: panic: nfs_fsync: not dirty
Jan 26 21:24:58 x /kernel:
Jan 26 21:24:58 x /kernel: syncing disks... 35 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3

First panic I have seen under stable on this box ever. I build world and
ports all the time with ports and src tree nfs mounted to another box.

I have debugger in kernel, but the machine had just rebooted when I
noticed. If it happens again I will try to get more info.

I think I cvsup'd this box Thursday or Friday and it has the newest version
of src/sys/nfs/nfs_vnops.c, (version 1.150.2.5)

Sorry not to have any real info, but since release is getting closer I
wanted to at least get this out.

James