Date:      Thu, 3 Jul 2008 03:02:14 -0800
From:      "Ing. Todor Colakov" <todor@fbi.ie>
To:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to measure performance

Hello,

I'm trying to measure performance of my servers. I would like to have (at =
least rough) estimation, how much of punishment it can take, so I've =
crawled web for some howtos.. i've founded some, it gave me some start, =
but what i've miss in all of them was simple guide in the style...

If you are setting new server, you are interested at THIS, THIS and THIS =
(say how much packets incomming packets can it handle at one time) because =
of THAT, THAT and THAT (because if you plan to put it into enviroment of =
some magnitudes higher it wont do) and you can meassure it with tool A B C =
( dunno :( )

Can somebody help me compile this list? I would like address specially =
experienced admins. I would like to have this list mainly for general =
server (without specialization), mailserver, webserver, DNS and NFS server =
- because it address services the most of newbiee admins work with.
Thank to all=20
Todor